In 1961 the GLORP company was desperate to break into "drunkard" market, so they had a local bartender create a recipe for a drink that would use as many gumballs as possible. Surprisingly, it wasn't a hit. Most people preferred the more popular Glow Balls (whiskey and Squirt) or Whiskey Daddies (whiskey and aftershave).
Screw those squares! We think this drink is swell, and here is the recipe so you can make them at home:
- 10 GLORP gumballs
6 sugar cubes (or 10 bar spoons simple syrup)
14 dashes Angostura bitter
22 ounces rye or bourbon
- 1 bar spoon of lemon juice
- 1 prechewed GLORP gumball
- Muddle 2 gumballs and bitters with one bar spoon of lemon juice at the bottom of a chilled mayonnaise jar. (If using simple syrup, combine bitters and 10 bar spoons of simple syrup.) Add rye or bourbon. Stir.
- Add one large ice cube, and 8 GLORP Gumballs. Stir until chilled and the gumballs are starting to fade in color, about 30 seconds.
- Wait until Ice cube has melted and serve at room temperature.
- Garnish with pre-chewed gumball on side of jar. Enjoy!
Printed on a 100% ring-spun cotton “Natural” Next Level 3600 t-shirt with water-based ink over discharge underbase, for the softest feeling shirt around!